There is so much love and joy pets bring the moment they enter a home. However, if your floors are carpeted, the presence of a four-legged friend will make cleaning jobs more complicated than you imagine. Fur and muddy paws on the carpet will be issues you need to deal with daily, which is why you should approach carpet cleaning wisely. Read on to discover amazing carpet cleaning tips that will make your life easier when living with a pet:
- Clean wet messes quickly – carpets don’t react well when affected by water and if your baby dog or cat has had an accident on the surface, you need to remove the liquids right away. Grab paper towels to soak up as much of the mess as possible or use a handheld extractor to simplify the procedure. Handheld extractors are life-savers when living with a pet since they suck more liquids and they are pretty easy to keep clean. Once the wet surface seems dry enough, you can move on with applying a cleaning remedy to prevent staining and nasty carpet smells.
- Green clean the carpet – chances are your fluffy friend spends numerous hours playing or sleeping on the carpet. Given the huge contact your pet has with the carpet, you should always steer clear of toxic products that might be dangerous to the health of your beloved pet. Instead, pick eco-friendly carpet cleaning approaches that are just as effective as store-bought products, but at the same time, they contain no dangerous chemicals. In fact, you don’t have to purchase eco-friendly carpet cleaners at the store. Make your own cleaning remedies with natural ingredients like baking soda and white vinegar to banish pet stains from the carpet or tackle unpleasant pet odours.
- Keep your pet clean – imagine taking your dog out for a walk on a rainy day and forgetting to wash its paws and dry its fur as the walk is over. Obviously, you don’t want the entire mess to land on your carpet, that’s why you should stay serious about keeping your dog clean. Don’t let your pet spend time on the carpet unless it is perfectly clean, otherwise, grime and smells will be transferred from the pet to the carpet. Another thing to consider is the fact that a pet’s claws can scratch and damage the carpet’s fibres. To prevent carpet wear and tear, have the paws of your furry friend well-groomed. Also, brush the pet as often as possible to remove loose hair that will otherwise find its way on the carpet.
- Buy the best vacuum – having a powerful vacuum cleaner to keep the carpet dust-free is always a good idea, but when living with a pet it is an investment you need to make. The problem is, pets running around your place cause more dust than usual and most of it lands on the carpet. In order to rest assured the air at your place is clean and healthy, purchase the best vacuum you can afford and work with it at least two times a week. This way you will be able to banish a great amount of dust, dirt and pet hair that might compromise air quality indoors.
- Hire a pro – perhaps you are used to maintaining the carpet by yourself, relying solely on your vacuum cleaner. However, with a pet at home, it is crucial to book a professional carpet cleaning service. Experienced carpet cleaners will improve the environment at home by deep cleaning the carpet, thus eliminating not only pet stains, but nasty germs and bacteria trapped in the carpet. Hire a pro every six months to keep the carpet super clean.
Your lovely pet will be just as tempted to spend time on the soft carpet as any other member of your family. Let the clean carpet and your pet co-exist with the help of these tips.
© London Carpet Cleaners