Carpets provide warmth and comfort and make your home more elegant and stylish. That is why it is very important to keep them clean and well-maintained. However, this can be a difficult task, especially with all the spills and spots occurring continuously. Today you are going to learn a few tips on how to deal with this problem. Listen to professionals and make your carpet cleaner and more beautiful than ever.
- Shoes at the door – shoes have a big role in tracking mud and dirt inside your home. If you tend to step with them on the carpet, the situation gets even worse. What should you do? Build a habit to leave your shoes by the front door. You can put them on some mat you have bought especially for that aim. And make sure that every member of your family does the same.
- Do not go bare foot either – this one will probably surprise you. Well, your feet may be clean, but there are natural oils in the skin. These can transfer onto the carpet pile, leaving a residue, which is no good. When it becomes a little sticky, it starts to attract various dirt particles, thus giving the carpet a soiled and unpleasant look. So, you‘d better wear socks or some indoor slippers in order to avoid this risk.
- Deal with spills immediately – no matter if you have other duties and responsibilities, a spill should be treated right after it has taken place. The longer it is left to remain on the carpet, the harder it will be to remove. Take all the necessary measures immediately and you will save yourself a lot of time and effort in the future.
- Ice for gums – if there are kids in the house, you may have had problems with gums stuck on your carpet. They are very sticky and messy, aren‘t they? Get a few ice cubes and place them on the gum for one or two minutes. That way it will freeze quickly and you can remove it from the carpet by using a spoon or a spatula.
- Regular vacuuming – it will help you eliminate any dirt particles before they embed deeply into the carpet pile. And your carpet is going to look a lot fresher and shinier, too. Carpet cleaning experts recommend that you do the vacuuming at least once a week or even more often in the high traffic areas.
- The right choice of carpet – and last but not least, when you choose a new carpet for a certain room in your house, make this choice wisely. The carpet ought to entirely suit your lifestyle. What does that mean? For example, if you or your children like to eat in the living room, consider a carpet in dark shades. In case you have white-haired pets and you cannot find time for vacuuming the carpet every day, then the lighter tones will be the right choice for you.
And do not forget, you can always call a professional carpet cleaning company to help you get back the excellent and healthy condition of your favourite carpet.
© London Carpet Cleaners